12V LE-300 Wind Turbine Kit by Leading Edge Turbines
• Provides the basis of an off-grid power system for home and work
• Can deliver outputs of 300W
• Add wind power to an existing off-grid power system to compliment Solar PV – more power in the winter months
• Add wind power to an existing off-grid power system to compliment a diesel generator – cut down your fuel usage and save money
• Create a water pumping system
• Ideal for powering equipment in remote places. Electric fences, water pumps, lighting and power in farm buildings, data-loggers all require power in places where there isn’t a mains connection readily available
• Lightweight turbine head reduces the loading on the support structure and makes it easier to install on high masts in difficult locations
• WhisperBlade technology means low acoustic emissions from the advanced aerofoil blade design developed specifically for the LE-300
• Fully marinised aluminium alloy and stainless steel components are protected from the elements with aerospace grade coatings and anodising
• Easy Installation: Fit the blades, nose cone and make the electrical connections – all explained in an excellent user manual with detailed written explanations and diagrams.
• Originally designed for industrial applications, durability and reliability is the corner stone of the LE-300 architecture
• 5 year warranty backed up with excellent customer service from Leading Edge Turbines in the UK **Available also in 24V for battery charging applications, the LE-300 wind turbine can also be grid connected.
Availability: 19 in stock (can be backordered)
Summary: The LE-300 is a quiet, powerful yet lightweight 300 watt wind generator for any application. Fully optimised for marine conditions, the LE-300 wind turbine is also used extensively in a variety of industrial applications, such as powering communication and remote monitoring stations, and in very extreme environments such as Antarctica. Manufactured in the UK, the LE-300 has a proven track record in applications as diverse as powering an Antarctic research station, charging batteries on boats and industrial applications such as road signage.
Its excellent power production stems from an exceptionally low start-up wind speed and superb high wind speed output. Designed to withstand the most extreme wind conditions and environments, the LE-300 is also extremely easy to integrate with solar panels for hybrid systems and can be left running through the strongest winds. This bundle of equipment includes all of the basic equipment (turbine, run/stop switch and diversions charge controller) that you will need to get a LE-300 wind turbine up and running on a basic battery charging system.
Efficient design from years of experience in the field: The LE-300 is designed around a unique low inertia axial flux generator which utilises Neodymium rare earth magnetic materials. This alternator has zero ‘cogging’, which, together with its highly efficient and low ‘TSR’ Whispower Blades, allow the turbine to spin in the lightest of breezes and to react quickly to gusts. Small and lightweight: The LE-300 turbine has a uniquely designed aluminium alloy chassis that not only gives an overall turbine weight of just 6kg, but ensures responsive reaction to gusty winds. This reduces the overall size and weight of the turbine and keeps the space envelope small enabling the turbine to installed on yachts with ease. The turbine is fitted with integrated yaw slip-rings that allow the turbine to swivel 360 degrees continuously in order to follow the changing direction of the wind.
Rugged and reliable: As the LE-300 has been designed for industrial applications in harsh environments, it has a heritage that is based around reliability and durability. The turbine is designed and manufactured to be as rugged as possible giving a predicted design life of 20 years with little maintenance required during that period. The LE-300 survives destructive high winds by means of a simple passive aerodynamic design that limits turbine RPM and power output at a certain threshold. The LE-300 is manufactured from high quality aluminium alloys and stainless steel which has been laser processed, CNC machined, hard anodized and powder coated to ensure that the turbine will withstand the harsh effects of the extreme environments. The various fixings are manufactured from A4 stainless steel that can survive the harshest of environments. The bearings are sealed for life and fully lubricated, so no greasing or maintenance is required.
Pack contents: • LE-300 wind turbine • Run / Stop switch – used to allow the turbine to be safely braked and electrically isolated from the circuit • DL-300 Diversion charge controller – used to divert excess power to a dump load when your batteries are full
Technical specifications: Output voltage: 12V Rotor diameter: 1m Rotor height: n/a Rotor type: 3-blade up-wind Blade material: Glass reinforced nylon Rated output: 85W @ 8m/s (17.8mph) Maximum output: 300W Rated rpm: 800 rpm Cut-in: 3m/s (6.7mph) Weight: 6kg Generator type: 3-Phase Brushless NIB rotor PMA Tower mount Diameter: 48.3mm (1.90 inches) or 50.0mm (1.96 inches)
|Dimensions||100 × 64.6 × 30.5 cm|