10 Free Water Saving Tips
On average we use 150 Litres of water per day per person. On foot of this experience there are many cost effective Clean Tech solutions to help you reduce water consumption and your Water Charges.
10 Free Tips to Conserve Water in the House
- Keep a jug of water in the fridge
- Use a basin to rinse/clean your fruit and vegetables
- Use a bucket of water not a hose – A hose uses more water in one hour than the average family uses in a day. The car will be just as clean using a bucket of water. Always use a bucket and sponge to clean windows or wash your car instead of a hose.
- Don’t flush it all away
- Be leak free
- Only run your washing machine and dishwasher when they’re full
- Don’t leave the tap running while brushing your teeth – Turning the tap off when brushing your teeth can save over 7,000 litres of water per year.
- In the bath/shower – Have a shower instead of a bath. Showers use only half the water of a bath. Also showers can be shortened – 1 minute less in the shower can save at least 7 litres a day.
- Know how to turn off your water supply
- Hot Drinks – Fill the kettle with enough water for your needs. You will save energy too!